MySQL and SQL:
In terms of MySQL and SQL, modals are database tables that you wish to import/export data.
In regards to Salesforce, modals are Objects.
In XML, any elements that have child elements are Data Objects. In the below sample, Channel, Item and Sizes are data objects
Once a modal is created in Dial Run, you could use them over and over again to sync data.
- Select the connection you wish to use.
- Select “Data Object” from modal type dropdown.
- Once data object modal type is selected, you will see all the tables being loaded from the data source.
- Double click on the table name from the list and you can see its columns displayed on the “Choose Tags” section.
- To choose columns, click on the required columns and hit ‘>’ button to add the chosen columns to the “Selected Tag” section. If you need all the columns hit ‘>>>’ to add all the columns to the “Selected Tag” section.
- Once you are done selecting columns, enter a name for the modal and hit “Create Modal” button to save the modal.